Mitchell Scholarship Program Application for 2017-18 is Now Open
The Mitchell Scholarship Program application for a year of postgraduate study in Ireland is now open. Please note that for the 2017-18 academic year, the postgraduate study in Northern Ireland is not available. The application deadline is September 30, 2016, at 5:00pm Eastern Time, and study will commence in the fall of 2017. Here are a few tips:
- Please read the Frequently Asked Questions section of our site very carefully before emailing me with questions.
- Before you start the application, make sure you have read the Application Procedures and Instructions thoroughly.
- Please do not upload an encrypted transcript. An unofficial transcript is fine for the initial application. Finalists will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- We require a short video interview as part of the application process. Instructions are emailed after the September 30 deadline to all applicants who submit a complete application.
- The essay must be your own work. Read the attestation clause at the end of the essay section before you begin writing.
- If you are a graduate student or a non-student, you do not submit an institutional endorsement but may submit one as one of your four recommendations.
- We welcome students in any discipline, not only Irish Studies majors, and we welcome students of every background and ethnicity, not just Irish-Americans.
- The Universities and Institutions in Ireland are often adding and changing programs and offerings, so research your choices well.
Mitchell Scholarship applicants -- both those who were ultimately selected as Scholars and those who were not -- tell us they learned an enormous amount from the application process about who they are and what they want to do. We hope you'll have the same experience.
To continue an application you already started, log in to your existing application.
-- Serena Wilson, Director
Mitchell Scholarship Program