Mitchell Scholarship Program Application for 2016-2017 is Now Open
The Mitchell Scholarship Program application for a year of postgraduate study in Ireland is now open. Please note that for the 2016-17 academic year, the postgraduate study in Northern Ireland is not available. The application deadline is October 1, 2015, at 5:00pm Eastern Time, and study will commence in the fall of 2016. We have made changes to the application aimed at making the application process easier and more clear.
A few tips and notes:
- Please read the Frequently Asked Questions section of our site very carefully before emailing me with questions.
- Before you start the application, make sure you have read the Application Procedures and Instructions thoroughly.
- Please do not upload an encrypted transcript. An unofficial transcript is fine for the initial application. Finalists will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- We still require a short video interview as part of the application process. Instructions are emailed after the initial October 1 deadline.
- When you think you are finished, read over your application one more time.
- We have a new rule this year that the essay must completely be your own work. Read the attestation clause at the end of the essay section before you begin writing.
- If you are a graduate student, a part-time student, or a non-student, you do not submit an institutional endorsement.
- We welcome students in any discipline, not only Irish Studies majors, and we welcome students of any and every background and ethnicity, not just Irish-Americans.
- The Universities and Institutions in Ireland and Northern Ireland are constantly adding and changing programs and offerings, so research your choices well.
We have heard from many Mitchell Scholarship Program applicants -- both those who were ultimately selected as Scholars and those who were not -- that they learned an enormous amount from the application process about who they are and what they want. We hope you'll have the same experience.
To continue an application you have already started, log in to your existing application.
-- Serena Wilson, Director
Mitchell Scholarship Program